-Graduan-MASCA Australia (Melbourne) Recruitment Drive 2013
-11th MASCA Victoria AGM 2013
-ASEAN Games Australia 2013
-Aspirasi Rakyat Malaysia (ARM) III
-Grand Malaysian Ball 2013
- MAMSA VIC AGM
- VUMA Bounce
-RUMA: Dead or Alive
The 9th annual GRADUAN®-MASCA Australia Recruitment Drive & Career Fair 2013 will be held in Melbourne once again on 5th October 2013.
1. GET NOTICED! UPLOAD YOUR RESUME!
Representatives from companies involved are flown here in Melbourne to personally communicate with students during the fair. Resumes from students who are interested - both for employment and internship placement, may submit their resumes to GRADUAN which will then be forwarded to the participating companies.
Submit your resume here: http://careerfair.graduan.com.my/Australia/UploadCV
MASCA Victoria requires assistance from kind volunteers to make this event happen for all our fellow Malaysian students in Victoria. Yes, YOU are crucial to the success of the GRADUAN-MASCA Australia Recruitment Drive in Melbourne!
3. WHY HELP OUT?!
By volunteering, you’ll get the opportunity to work closely with officers and employees from the participating companies (how cool is that :D), which will help to widen your network and potentially increase your chances of getting an interview/internship offer with those companies!
Volunteer recruitment details are as follows:
Event: GRADUAN®-MASCA Australia Recruitment Drive & Career Fair 2013
Dates: 5th October (Saturday); Interview Sessions 6th October (Sunday)
Time: 10am - 5pm
Venue: Crown Promenade Hotel
Apply as a volunteer today
Submit your interest via this link:
**Deadline for volunteer applications is on the 13th of September. Spaces are LIMITED- Only 35 spaces are available this year!
More details on the participating companies can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/172333546285146/
- The Malaysian Students' Council of Australia, Victoria will be organising its Annual General Meeting on the 14th of September 2013.
- To run for a council position:
2. Fill up the nomination form: https://docs.google.com/a/mascavictoria.com/forms/d/1HxLrch7LZVfWOGrPgaL6PHrbqP4Vuh88knOJSYpzm80/viewform
3. Make sure you have a nominator and seconder (any of the current MASCA Vic council members)
4. Attach a copy of your resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your nomination
5. Nominations will be reviewed by MASCA Victoria council members as applications should meet a minimum standard (e.g. involvement in other student organisations)
DEADLINE: 13TH SEPTEMBER 2013, FRIDAY 11:59PM
It is now your chance to leave your mark in history as part of the next council! MASCA Victoria guarantees that you will be exposed to many learning opportunities that will develop you as a capable leader!
For more information, please refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/676662345696805/
- The annual ASEAN Games Australia is fast approaching! This year, ASEAN Games Australia will be hosted around Albert Park, Melbourne Victoria.
- A total of 10 different sports will be hosted, with a total of over $4000 in cash prizes, along with many other cash vouchers and gifts are to be won throughout the event!
Date: 27th- 29th September 2013
Venue: Albert Park, VIC
Registrations to join have already officially started, what are you still waiting for?
Deadline to sign up: 20th September 2013
- Aspirasi Rakyat Malaysia is a roundtable discussion open to all Malaysians that is organised by MASCA Victoria's intellectual arm, the Malaysian Aspiration Program (MAP).
- Roundtable discussions primarily revolve around topics pertaining to the social, political and economic landscape of Malaysia.
- Outcomes of discussions will be collated, summarised and sent off to policy-makers in Malaysia; i.e. Your say will have an impact on shaping our motherland's future!
Theme: Agreeing On A Model of Change
Date: Sunday, 15th September 2013
Venue: Multicultural Hub
- Once again, Malaysian Student Organisations (MSOs) from 8 universities come together and unite to organise the Grand Malaysian Ball 2013 with support from MASCA Victoria.
- This year, get excited as this WILL be the BIGGEST Malaysian Ball in Melbourne history.
Date: 27th September 2013 (Friday)
Leonda By the Yarra
2 Wallen Rd, Hawthorn
Melbourne, VIC 3122
Ticket Sales :
Tickets have started selling at the booths of the following Malaysian Clubs:
1. Monash University [Clayton] Malaysian Students’ Union [MUMSU]
2. Monash University [Caulfield] Malaysian Students' Society [MASS]
3. Malaysians of Melbourne University [MOMU]
4. RMIT University Malaysian Association [RUMA]
5. Malaysian Swinburne Association [MSA]
6. Malaysian Students Association La Trobe University [MSALTU]
7. Malaysian Society of Deakin University [MSDU]
8. Victoria University Malaysian Association [VUMA]
For more information, kindly refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/520328404703681/
- The Monash University Malaysian Students' Union will be organising their Annual General Meeting to elect the new committee members of 2013/2014.
Date: 5th September 2013 (Thursday)
►Venue: Rotunda R6, Clayton
►Time: 6pm to 8pm
For more information, kindly refer to: https://www.facebook.com/events/516857491736206/
The Malaysian Medical Student Association Victoria will be hosting their Annual General Election to elect the new committee members of 2013/2014.
Date: 7th September 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 9.00am - 11.30am
Venue: Seminar Room 2, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, 3168 VIC
For more information please refer to: https://www.facebook.com/events/553058168062640/
- Victoria University Malaysian Association is organising a rare event at a free-jumping playground called Bounce.
Date: 6th September 2013 (Friday)
Directions to venue: Meet at Flinders Station.Then catch a train at 1.10pm heading towards Glen Waverly. Get off at Tooroonga Station then walk about 5 minutes to the venue.
Price: $13.50 per hour (including grip socks)
For more information, kindly refer to: https://www.facebook.com/events/545973672123555
If you have ever played Mafia or Werewolf, RUMA is taking this to a whole new level. Come play it this coming weekend at a larger, more interesting setting.
- DOA is a reality game created by RUMA to satisfy your killer or case-solving instinct. YOU will be either a notorious KILLER or a cunning Detective to out-smart your opponents in the game. Your roles and objectives in the game will differ according to who you are!
- Detective: Locate clues and solve a mysterious case to reveal the culprit(s) behind it.
- Killer: You’ll roam amongst the detectives and prevent them from solving the case.
Time : 10:00am (meet up time) - 12:00pm
Venue : Meet up point at Building 80
For more information, kindly refer to: https://www.facebook.com/events/652116014806845/
On behalf of MASCA Victoria 2012/2013,
Xing Yi Ho
Junior Executive (Information Bureau)