Press Statement 28th August 2013
- MASCA Victoria Pre-AGM 2013
- MASCA Victoria & CPA Australia Dress For Success
- Grand Malaysian Ball 2013
- MSDU AGM 2013 & Merdeka "face painting" Celebration
- MASS Merdeka Movie Night
- MoMu & RUMA Merdeka Event
- MASS PR & Migration Seminar
- Malaysian Speakers Corner (MSC) Melbourne 2013
- The Malaysian Students’ Council of Australia, Victoria will be organising its pre-annual general meeting (Pre-AGM) on the 30th of August.
- MASCA Victoria's AGM is set to be held on the 14th of September 2013.
- MASCA Victoria welcome all Malaysian students who are interested to run for a position on the council to attend our pre-AGM and learn more about:
1) The different council member positions
2) The roles and responsibilities that each position entails
3) The nomination and election procedure prior to the AGM
4) The benefits of being a MASCA Victoria council member
Date: 30th August 2013 (Friday)
Venue: RMIT University, Building 12, Level 13, Room 3
Getting there: http://mams.rmit.edu.au/ah5hshrpo0ky.pdf
It is now your chance to leave your mark in history as part of the next council! MASCA Victoria guarantees that you will be exposed to many learning opportunities that will develop you as a capable leader!
For more information, please refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/676662345696805/
- Come and spend an entertaining evening with Melbourne's renowned stylist Eduardo Xavier!
- Eduardo will take you through invaluable dressing advice that will have you all polished up to ace interviews and boost your networking skills.
- Find out how looking professional and corporate dressing does not have to be the old boring black and white! Discover how you can incorporate your signature style into looking sharp and presentable at all times!
Date: 3rd September 2013 (Tuesday)
Venue: CPA Australia, Level 20 Freshwater Place
Note: Seating is limited, RSVP via https://www.facebook.com/events/401103199994716/ is essential on a first come first served basis. See you there!
- Once again, Malaysian Student Organisations (MSOs) from 8 universities come together and unite to organise the Grand Malaysian Ball 2013 with support from MASCA Victoria.
- This year, get excited as this WILL be the BIGGEST Malaysian Ball in Melbourne history.
Date: 27th September 2013 (Friday)
Leonda By the Yarra
2 Wallen Rd, Hawthorn
Melbourne, VIC 3122
Ticket Sales :
Tickets will be sold at the booths of the following Malaysian Clubs, starting from tomorrow, 26th of August 2013:
1. Monash University [Clayton] Malaysian Students’ Union [MUMSU]
2. Monash University [Caulfield] Malaysian Students' Society [MASS]
3. Malaysians of Melbourne University [MOMU]
4. RMIT University Malaysian Association [RUMA]
5. Malaysian Swinburne Association [MSA]
6. Malaysian Students Association La Trobe University [MSALTU]
7. Malaysian Society of Deakin University [MSDU]
8. Victoria University Malaysian Association [VUMA]
For more information, kindly refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/520328404703681/
- The Malaysian Society of Deakin University is holding their AGM this week and now its your chance to be a part of MSDU 2013/2014!
- Current Members will be eligible to vote and run for positions. You'll develop your leadership skills and learn to work in a team; but most importantly, you'll be entrusted with the honour and responsibility of growing the club.
- For those who are running for a position, you will be given 3 minutes for speeches. MSDU will also open the floor for questions after the speech.
- To run for election, please refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/155009388028866/
- Deadline is on 25/8/14 (Sunday).
Date: 29th August 2013 (Thursday)
Venue: Deakin University, Lecture Theatre 11 (Building B1.20)
Besides holding the AGM, MSDU will also be celebrating Merdeka after that. So, join them and sing our national anthem along with some food and drinks.
For more information, kindly refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/155009388028866/
- In conjuction with Merdeka, MASS proudly presents a Merdeka movie night! Join them as they sit back and relax with the movie Sepet.
- Just a few days before our country's Independence Day, we believe this is the perfect movie to commemorate the event. So, regardless of whether you've already watched the film or not, do join us! And to all our non-Malaysian friends, this film will be accompanied by subtitles so don't be deterred!
- This event is FREE for MASS members! MASS will be providing refreshments, snacks and caramel POPCORN to go with the movie :)
Date : 29th August 2013 (Thursday)
Time : 6pm – 10pm
Venue: Monash University (Caulfield), OSS Lounge, Building S
Price : FREE (members), Gold coin entry (non-members)
For more information, kindly refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/1409009895989177/
- This time, MoMu will be collaborating with RUMA to celebrate Malaysia’s 56th independence day!
- Exciting cash prizes are also to be won for the night!
- A 2$ signup fee is required upon registration over at MoMu's table from 12-2pm every weekdays at Union House.
Date: 31 August 2013 (Saturday)
Venue: RMIT University, Building 10, Level 3
For more information, kindly refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/494519230634421/
- YNJ Migration Consultants is once again hosting a FREE seminar for those interested.
- The seminar will provide information regarding PR and migration laws that will be useful to international students looking to prolong their stay in Australia after graduating.
- You have a choice of 2 sessions. Both sessions will have identical content so feel free to come for either.
Date : 4th September 2013 (Wednesday)
Session 1: 12pm - 1pm
Session 2: 1.30pm - 2.30pm
Venue: Monash University (Caulfield),
Theatre H237 (Building H)
Price : FREE
For more information, kindly refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/154854378047080/
- What is 'merdeka' worth to you? Is it just a word that you chant out loud once 31st August comes, or does it bring a thousand meanings, a million words and a billion issues?
- Let us celebrate Malaysia's 56th independence day in Melbourne and share our thoughts on what 'merdeka' means to us.
- All Malaysians are invited to attend this event.
Malaysian Speakers' Corner I 2013 - 56 Tahun Kemerdekaan: Antara Perjuangan & Masa Depan Rakyat
Date: 31st August 2013 (Saturday)
Venue : Multicultural Hub, Melbourne (opposite Victoria Market)
*Refreshments are provided.*
For more information and to RSVP, kindly refer to https://www.facebook.com/events/556739904388665/
On behalf of MASCA Victoria 2012/2013,
Sharifah Alia Alsagoff
Senior Executive (Information Bureau)