PRESS STATEMENT 25 MARCH 2013
-EHSAN Victoria Monday Lecture Series
-MoMU Special General Meeting
-MUMSU Extraordinary General Meeting
-MSA Mornington Peninsula Trip
-MSA Easter Hunt
-KUAM UMNO Cup Melbourne
-Welcoming our new affiliate, MAMSA Victoria!
Listed below are more events from your very own Malaysian Student Organisations (MSOs) that present opportunities for positive personal development and growth throughout your time as a student here:
- A weekly lecture series that is presented every Monday in between the Maghrib and Isyak prayers at Melbourne University's Pelham Musolla.
- One hour is dedicated to noted speakers who discuss various matters pertaining to everyday life and beyond that.
- Currently discussions are revolving around matters of travellers' fiqh. If you're one of the keen beans that is thirsty for more knowledge in this field, this your golden opportunity. See you there!
Date: Every Monday night (Monday, 25th March for this week)
Time: Between Maghrib & Isyak prayer times (7.25pm to 8.50pm for this week)
Venue: Pelham Musolla
Speaker: Dr. Zakuan Zainy Deris
For more information, CLICK https://www.facebook.com/events/357859300998850/
Alternatively, connect with EHSAN Victoria on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (EHSANVic) for more updates from them!
- Calling all MoMU members to exercise their voting rights and elect two new committee members!
- Two positions are open for nominations: Secretary & Publicity Director
- Nominations can be made on the day or prior to that via email by 9pm Tuesday, 26 March to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following details: Name, MoMU membership number, Student number, Course, Nominated position, Name of the person who is nominating, Name of the person seconding the nomination.
Date: 28 March 2013 (Thursday)
Venue: Babel, Lower Theatre (Ground Floor), Melbourne University
Building 139 (Next to Art West, near Old Arts / Union House)
**Note: You will need to produce your MoMU membership card and student ID upon entering the venue. ONLY University of Melbourne students are allowed to vote.
For any queries or for more information, please email email@example.com.
- Opportunity for MUMSU members to be a committee member of their Malaysian Student Organisation (MSO)!
- 11 committee positions are up for grabs: Sponsorship Officer, Activities Officer, Assistant Secretary, Assistant Treasurer, Creative Officer, Photography Officer, Information Officer, Editor, 3x First Year Representatives
- To those interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm on 27th March (Wednesday) detailing the position you're interested in, reasons why you think you're suitable for the post, and a short description about yourself.
- Free Halal food will be provided to all attendees on the day
Date: 28th March 2013 (Thursday)
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Venue: R2, Rotunda (Bldg 8), Clayton, Monash University
**Note: ONLY MUMSU members can cast votes
For more information, CLICK https://www.facebook.com/events/159593124199869/
- Celebrate your Easter break with MSA and head to Mornington Peninsula for a relaxing day out!
- Acitivities include strawberry picking, enjoying the scenic view of a lighthouse and colourful huts, as well as visiting a hot spring!
- Registration deadline: 11.59pm, 29th March (Friday).
Date: 2nd April 2013 (Tuesday)
Time: 9am - 9pm
Venue: Mornington Peninsula
Fee: $60 (includes park entrance & transportation fees)
**Note: Offer price is limited to the FIRST 24 MSA members who sign up.
For more information, CLICK https://www.facebook.com/events/441720442571291/
- Celebrate Easter in a special way this year by partaking in a treasure hunt!
- Food is provided on the day
- Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 winners (Includes MSA Polo tees & Coles vouchers)!
- Participants have to form groups of 4 and register with Arvin (0452592199) or Timothy (0404731011)
Date: 31st March 2013 (Sunday)
Time: 10am - 2pm
Venue: Melbourne CBD
- We will be meeting at 10am, Southern Cross Station (in front of Hungry Jacks, right above Woolworths), for a short briefing before the hunt begins!
- For those who live near campus, we will meet at 9.30am, Glenferrie Station and go to Southern Cross Station together!
Participation fee: $5 (members) / $7 (non-members)\
Things to bring: Jacket (it's gonna be 18 degrees!), water bottle, comfortable wear for walking/running purposes.
For more information, CLICK https://www.facebook.com/events/155484534614474/
- UMNO CUP Melbourne is an annual soccer tournament organised by KUAM
- Champions and runner-ups will get to compete in the Malaysia Summit of Australia (MASA) [formerly known as National Conference & Games - NCG] that will be held in Sydney during the Winter break
- Prizes include a trophy, medals and cash of up to $500!
Venue : Lemnian community Center, 906 Springvale Rd, Braeside, VIC 3195
Date : 30th and 31st of March 2013
Time : 8am – 6pm
AUD$499/team (less than 10 KUAM members in the team)
AUD$399/team (10 or more KUAM members in the team)
For more information, CLICK: https://www.facebook.com/events/425514600874310/
Welcoming MASCA Victoria's new affiliate, MAMSA Victoria!
MAMSA Victoria is a non-profit student organization that has 5 primary aims:
1. Serving as a representative body for Malaysian medical students in Victoria.
2. Equipping Malaysian medical students with the aptitude, attitude and experiences in preparation for their future career.
3. Facilitating networking amongst members from different year levels, universities and backgrounds.
4. Providing social support and a sense of community for its members.
5. Providing leadership experiences and hone administrative prowess.
During MAMSA Victoria's committee meeting on the 9th of March 2013, a motion to affiliate MAMSA Victoria with MASCA Victoria was passed; which received unanimous consent from MAMSA Victoria committee members. With the approval of the MASCA National Council, MAMSA Victoria was officially affiliated with MASCA Victoria on Friday, 15th March 2013!
President: Isaac Lee SenHong
Vice-President: Kelsey Wong
Secretary: Chelsea Tan Wen Ching
Treasurer: Asher Goh
Training and Development (T&D) Coordinator: Alton Hong
Vice-Training and Development (T&D) Coordinator: Sarah Lim
• Monash Clinical: Sean Tan Xia Sern
• Monash Preclinical: Sylvia Tay
• Melbourne Representative: Charlene Chua
• Monash Representative: Crystal Seah Huey Ming
• Melbourne Representative: Vacant
Public Relations: Patricia Wei Ru Khoo
Subcommittee Members: Bi Wen Lau
Together, we shall strive to champion the needs of the Malaysian medical students' community in Victoria!
On behalf of MASCA Victoria 2012/2013,
Sharifah Alia Alsagoff