• MInspire is a volunteering arm of MASCA Victoria.
• It is the youngest arm, yet the most exciting one, as it has still so much potential in it for you to expand!
• To have inspiration in action, contributing to the peace and development through volunteerism in Australia and Malaysia, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in their society.
Vision of a CEO of MInspire
1. To build on the success and failure each year and form a strong tough platform by 2016 to bring Inspire SEA from Malaysia to a Southeast Asia level.
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
-- Conrad Hilton
2. To launch a long-term project in Australia – Giving out Free Food to the Homeless.
Role of a CEO of MInspire
• To maintain the goodness and build on the mistakes of Inspire SEA every year
• To ensure improvements are achieved every term to set a concrete arena for the future expansion to Southeast Asia
• To form a strong team via recruitment
• To focus on projects in Australia (i.e. long term projects)
• To research on organisations/ companies to hop on board with MInspire
Main Event: Inspire SEA
What is Inspire SEA?
• Inspire SEA, being the one of the very first ASEAN-themed community service initiatives established by overseas Malaysian students, recognized that there is a great need to inspire these kids to love learning and to pursue academic excellence despite inevitable hindrances.
• It aims to provide underprivileged children with quality education and nurture them into future leaders of the world.
• Besides the necessary qualities required to be successful in their careers, these children would also be taught soft skills, compassion and social responsibility.
Most anticipated upcoming event: Giving out Free Food to the Homeless
Ooi Soo Mei
CEO of MInspire
MASCA Victoria 2012/2013